Monday, April 27, 2015

What to Expect in Series II



Here's a taste of what you can expect from the next series of episodes.

Last year on the show I spent a lot of time on real basics: how to choose and use the most important hand tools, common home repairs, and elementary woodworking tools. Some of you might have found this a little slow, but you needed to to walk before you could run. This year, we will be getting into the fun stuff. I'll show you how to build a small blast furnace to melt pot metal and aluminum and heat treat steel. I'll also be introducing three of the most useful and versatile workshop tools: the band saw, the drill press, and the lathe. Don't worry, though; I'm not going to tell you to go out and buy a bunch of expensive hardware. I'll show you how to get precision results out of a refurbished $10 Craigslist band saw, a "baby" drill press, and a homemade lathe. Handyman Kevin is always about teaching you skills, not selling you tools.

My corporate overlords at Creative Minority haven't set an official release date yet, but the first week in October is my best guess for the series premier. See you then!

 -HK

No comments:

Post a Comment